Do you plan to spend more, less, or the same on Christmas gifts this year?

supermomkell

Asked by supermomkell at 9:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Shopping

• No question, it will be MUCH less for us this year!!!
    Julsy

Answer by Julsy at 9:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Nothing. I'm Jewish. :)
    Anonymous

• We cut back 4 years ago. We give both our teenagers 1 present and a stocking each. The spending limit on the one present is max. $125.00 (each) I usually spend an average on $20-$30 per stocking.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had originally planned to spend LESS this year..... but my list of people I need to buy for keeps growing and growing so its quickly looking like I will be spending MORE.
    MrsJacksonWest

Answer by MrsJacksonWest at 10:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I buy for my kids and bake for everyone else. I clearance shop all year for containers and cute packaging for my baked goods. Sounds pretty Leave to Beaver but it's what I like to do : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• We're planning on about the same as before - but I never spent much on Christmas. I don't like buying a bunch of "junk" just to have a ton under the tree... and we tend to buy things through the year verses overdoing it at one time during the year. My kids are young - 2, 4 and one due in Feb.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The kids will each(3) get $$$$$200.00 and they are happy with that and a nice family christmas dinner.
    rockingrobin

Answer by rockingrobin at 12:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We are going to attempt to scale back. My husband's family is all about huge elaborate gift-giving, and we try to keep up even when we can't afford to. This year, with the economy in the toilet, we may actually convince them to cut back--so we aren't having to buy gifts for each cousin, aunt, grandparent, and great-grandparent. Seriously, we usually spend $1000 on his extended family alone.
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 9:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We will be spending less for sure. We took ourselves out of a couple gift exchanges we usually participate in. Also, we are cutting back on indivdual gifts for extended family members. For instance, buying a family a game instead of each person one gift. I sell Scentsy and make jewelry so, that is what a lot of people are going to get. As for our kids, we are trying to do "smart things" like having undershirts, socks and undies in their sockings as well as fun items. Also, putting stocking caps and gloves in stockings this year. Trying to get things they need and that we would buy regardless. Our boys are only 4 so, it's not going to be a big deal I hope!
    TaLouLaBelle

Answer by TaLouLaBelle at 11:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I agree with Serafyna. My kids are only 2 and almost 4 so it isn't a big deal to them. I buy them fun littlethings/clothing items all year long. They enjoy getting a small gift even if it isn't the holiday. I will be spending very little probably also giving baked goodies!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 3:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008