What was your babys feeding schedule like when they became old enough to eat solids.?

I am so clueless to how much or when I should feed my baby her baby food. Right now I give her Carrots and Squash mixed and Pears and Apples mixed Once a day..She still does her bottles all the other times.. Do I start to just give her 3 bottles a day and do 3 baby food meals? Help. What did you do with your babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We feed on-demand. I just look for her hunger cues. As she eats more and more solids, I just gauge her interest in my meals. If she's reaching for my plate, I share. Babies are very good at regulating their own diet if you feed on-demand.
    Geigerin

Answer by Geigerin at 1:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• 6-month - baby rice, baby porridge, and you can give her more and more different thing. Don't give her milk until she is one year old, potatoes until she is 9-month-old, red pepper is not really good as well under one year. If you start with the fish (around 9 month) be careful, it is highly allergic. If you introduce a new food, put some puree on the mouth of your child and wait 24 hours. If she has is allergic for the food she will have red bumps all around her mouth. Do not give her that food anymore. You can start with apple, banana, carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, sweeds, cauliflower and broccoli (from 7-8 months). For the start you can give her baby rice in the morning and one meal puree. Charlie is 9-month-old now and he eats 3 times a day (baby porridge, fruits, puree, plus sometimes snacks like baby rice cake or bread sticks). He eats everything up so we are lucky.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i fed her whenever i noticed she was hungry. babies don't starve themselves, they will let you know! :)
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 1:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I still breastfeed most of the time. When hubby is home and we have meals together, I cook extra veggies (of whatever we are eating) on the side (steamed mostly). Baby seems to like it sitting with us. Bananas are also great when I haven't made anything special for him.
    Gabriela108

Answer by Gabriela108 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My dd has the normal 3 meals a day and then 4oz bottles in between meals and then a 6oz bottle before bed and another one at 3am! im EP so her bottles are all BM! u can give her all the bottles u want they dont really need baby food its just for fun! so do wat u are comfortable with!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Let her eat when you eat. Lay a newspaper on the floor under and around the high chair and have fun. GL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 3:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• When mine were on solids, they ate 3 "meals" (of solids)/day at regular mealtimes followed by breastfeeding, then they also had 3 "snacks" of just breastmilk.

Answer by missanc at 7:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010