This is mainly for Christians ... the "True Woman Manifesto ..." (do you agree with it? would you sign it?)

Read the True Woman Manifesto
English | English with related links and teaching | Spanish

A personal and corporate declaration of belief, consecration, and prayerful intent—to the end that Christ may be exalted and the glory and redeeming love of God may be displayed throughout the whole earth.

We believe that God is the sovereign Lord of the universe and the Creator of life, and that all created things exist for His pleasure and to bring Him glory.1

We believe that the creation of humanity as male and female was a purposeful and magnificent part of God's wise plan, and that men and women were designed to reflect the image of God in complementary and distinct ways.2

We believe that sin has separated every human being from God and made us incapable of reflecting His image as we were created to do. Our only hope for restoration and salvation is found in repenting of our sin and trusting in Christ who lived a sinless life, died in our place, and was raised from the dead.3

We realize that we live in a culture that does not recognize God's right to rule, does not accept Scripture as the pattern for life, and is experiencing the consequences of abandoning God's design for men and women.4

We believe that Christ is redeeming this sinful world and making all things new, and that His followers are called to share in His redemptive purposes as they seek, by God's empowerment, to transform every aspect of human life that has been marred and ruined by sin.5
Sign the True Woman Manifesto

As Christian women, we desire to honor God by living counter-cultural lives that reflect the beauty of Christ and His gospel to our world.
To that end, we affirm that...

Scripture is God's authoritative means of instructing us in His ways and it reveals His holy pattern for our womanhood, our character, our priorities, and our various roles, responsibilities, and relationships.6

We glorify God and experience His blessing when we accept and joyfully embrace His created design, function, and order for our lives.7

As redeemed sinners, we cannot live out the beauty of biblical womanhood apart from the sanctifying work of the gospel and the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit.8

Men and women are both created in the image of God and are equal in value and dignity, but they have distinct roles and functions in the home and in the church.9

We are called as women to affirm and encourage men as they seek to express godly masculinity, and to honor and support God-ordained male leadership in the home and in the church.10

Marriage, as created by God, is a sacred, binding, lifelong covenant between one man and one woman.11

When we respond humbly to male leadership in our homes and churches, we demonstrate a noble submission to authority that reflects Christ's submission to God His Father.12

Selfish insistence on personal rights is contrary to the spirit of Christ who humbled Himself, took on the form of a servant, and laid down His life for us.13

Human life is precious to God and is to be valued and protected, from the point of conception until rightful death.14

Children are a blessing from God; women are uniquely designed to be bearers and nurturers of life, whether it be their own biological or adopted children, or other children in their sphere of influence.15

God's plan for gender is wider than marriage; all women, whether married or single, are to model femininity in their various relationships, by exhibiting a distinctive modesty, responsiveness, and gentleness of spirit.16

Suffering is an inevitable reality in a fallen world; at times we will be called to suffer for doing what is good—looking to heavenly reward rather than earthly comfort—for the sake of the gospel and the advancement of Christ's Kingdom.17
Sign the True Woman Manifesto

Mature Christian women have a responsibility to leave a legacy of faith, by discipling younger women in the Word and ways of God and modeling for the next generation lives of fruitful femininity.18

Believing the above, we declare our desire and intent to be “true women” of God. We consecrate ourselves to fulfill His calling and purposes for our lives. By His grace and in humble dependence on His power, we will: (go here to read the rest: http://www.truewoman.com/?id=980)

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 1:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No, because of this right here-

"Men and women are both created in the image of God and are equal in value and dignity, but they have distinct roles and functions in the home and in the church."

I think that individuals have distinct roles in the functions of the home and church. Every person has a gift from God and they should use that gift for God, whether it be a woman who preaches, or a man who is good at care giving.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes. I don't have the bible verses at my finger tips to prove every part of this right this minuit..

But I know they are there.

Where do I sign.. And where did you get this? Please pm me!
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 2:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm with 2boys! Where do I sign,and I want a copy of this, as well. It's amazing! I love it. It is 100% true and accurate.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• To sign go here http://www.truewoman.com/?id=980

-Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• No I wouldn't sign it. I agree with most of it but not all. I don't like the idea of signing any type of  consent, it seems like a meaningless gesture that people use to show other people of their commitment to God. I rather have my everyday actions speak for me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• No, because there's a lot I don't agree with, even if I am a Christian.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• No, I would never sign something like this. I do agree with some of the points, but many of them I do not. Even if I did agree with all of them, I have a hard time signing something like that. I agree with RyansMom that it really does seem like a meaningless gesture. However, some people need that kind of thing to help them strengthen their own beliefs and I have no problem with other people wanting to sign it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I definitely agree with everything stated above. I see no reason to sign, but do believe everything written in the document.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• no, there are too many things written in that document that are left up to interpretation and i doubt my interpretation would be "good enough" for most other Christians...tho im reading this from a conservative Christian point of view. there are also several things that i flat out disagree with.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• While I agree with it, I wouldn't sign it. I don't think signing it really means much. How you live your life and the examples you set mean more than signing a document.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2010