Anyone elses step dad...

turning out to be a great grandpa to your kids? my dad passed in '94 and 5 years later mymom got married again and was divorced about 8 years later... this summer she got married again. He is turning out to be loving the grandpa roll (he was a teacher of 2nd graders before retiring) my son is currently in the 2nd grade and he probably calls pon his own to talk to him once or twice a week! My son loves him and started calling him "Papa Dave" on his own and I am thrilled that he has a grandpa that wants to do things with him... DH's dad is around but has not taken this kind of intrest

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 1:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My step dad is not just an awesome Grandpa he is a great Step Dad. I always tell him I am proud to call him my Dad. My father is still living and that is fine too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I know that DH's step dad is going to be a wonderful grandpa to my little one when it gets here. Dh's real dad really hasn't seemed all that interested in being part of this baby's life. I am also going to have to put up with my dad's GF as this baby's grandma. I dont really like her but I'm not going to start shit.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 1:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My step dad is the best grandpa ever! My real father has seen my children maybe twice since they were born. My step dad loves to baby sit and he buys them all sorts of cool stuff. My girls have such a cute room in his house that he decorated himself. He was/is an amazing dad, so I knew he was going to be just as awesome as a grandpa =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Sometimes the best grandparents are people who aren't really related to you. My boys were so far from their real grandparents as we moved often and lived in CA mostly due to the NAvy. My son adopted an elderly man they use to talk to while outside. They grew to mean a great deal to one another. When he passed a few yrs ago both of my grown sons went to CA for his funeral. He left them both the same amount of money he did his 'real' grandchildren..not much..but it was the gesture that mattered most. He took nothing from their regular GPs...but boy did he give a lot. I think it's great for your son. Nuter the relationship.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Sheesh..sorry..that should read Nurture* and thanks Chelle for dropping the note :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My step dad is a grandpa when it's convinent for him.. just like he was a dad to my brother, sister, and I when it was convienent to him.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• What is the question? :P I am glad that your son has a grandpa anyway:) Sound's cool:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2010