Time to move on?

We've been together for 4 years. We have talked about marriage but he hasn't officially proposed yet. Sometimes he makes excuses like it takes a lot of planning. The only way he will really talk about marriage, is if I tell him that I will leave if he doesn't give me the ring. Well obviously I haven't yet, but I am thinking of moving on. Should I move on, or stick it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• 4 years? holy hell.. if a man wants to marry u he would have already.. move on
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 2:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• By not leaving, you are giving him reason to believe he doesn't have to do anything to keep you around. In my opinion. If that's what you really want then perhaps you should give him an ultimatum, go away for a few days to visit friends, etc. and let him think about it. If he's still not willing to do so, then I think you have your answer.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think it is past time for a talk. If you want more out of the relationship (such as marriage) and you don't want to settle, then I think you need to ask him what he truly wants, no bullshitting, no procrastinations, just a true answer. (and be prepared to hear what you don't want to hear). Then tell him what you want. If y'all both want different things and neither one is willing to budge or compromise then it might be best to rethink the situation that you are in. Are there children involved? If so, you will definitely need to consider that as well. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Tell him to show you his time line for your future together. Men who plan make those. See where he has you and marriage inserted. If that doesn't work for you try negotiating. If that doesn't work then tell him to fix it or you are moving on

Answer by admckenzie at 2:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Marriage is just a piece of paper, if he is a good man stick it out! Getting married isn't going to change anything but your last name, its not going to change the way u love each other!
    bridgette123

Answer by bridgette123 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have kids, but not by him. I've talked to him about what he wants many of times. He actually told me that he wants us to get a house and have more kids, but he keeps saying that each year. I don't want to pressure him, but 4 years is enough time to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I say if the relationship is good, then why bother getting married? Have fun, and enjoy the time ya'll spend together.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• y
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 4:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• thanks for you opinions ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It's time to walk away. He's comfortable where he is and he can see that he can stay where he is, whether or not he puts a ring on your finger.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2011