anyone elses 2nd pregnancy worse than your 1st?

they say second pregnancies are generally easier to deal with than 1sts, but with me it was the complete opposite! my pregnancy with my daughter was a piece of cake, never had any problems, never got sick, went into labor at 7 a.m. had her at 1:18 p.m. but THIS pregnancy..oh dear lord! i'm sick ALL the time! i'm 18 weeks, i was praying to God the sickness would have let up after my 1st trimester but it didn't! :( other than the sickness everything else is fine but holy crap its terrible and NOTHING works to get rid of it! :(

psylees_mommy

Asked by psylees_mommy at 2:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My second pregnancy was horrible. I was in constant pain, I had morning sickness, I had painful contractions from about 30 weeks. I had a horrible time of it that pregnancy. He was my easiest delivery though. I was scared to get pregnant again, but my third pregnancy was a breeze like the first.
    Good luck... it won't last forever.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My second one is not going as well as my first. My first I never got sick, never tired. This one is horrible
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i almost feel like i'm tired more just because i have my daughter to take care of now, before when i was pregnant with her, i could sleep all day if i wanted to. lol not anymore! the sickness though... ugghhhh idk it just will not subside! :( its driving me crazy!
    psylees_mommy

Comment by psylees_mommy (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I wasn't terribly sick w/ either of them (sorry) but my first was a nice calm baby; and the second...I swear she had 8 arms & legs in there that *never and I mean never* stopped moving it was insane...otherwise the rest of it was similar...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• No. I was in pregnancy prison for 5 of my last 6 weeks. AS in, I lived in a hospital room. It sucked. I went into early labor and remained there. I had a 1 year old at home and we were military and away from family. My mum and dad couldn't come help out because my dad had back surgery. It wasn't great, but here we are.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Im currently pregnant with my 2nd baby and it has been WAY worse. I had terrible all day sickness and now I have terrible back pain.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 2:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Each pregnancy for me has been progressively worse.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• With my first pregnancy it was simple and easy as well as delivery and I was induced three days early with cervadil. From the minute my contractions started with my daughter til I had her was 12 hours. My contractions were about 7 minutes apart the whole time I pushed for 1 1/2 hours. My second pregnancy I had a low lying placenta (eventually moved with my uterus) so I was worried about that for about about 3 months and my labor was HORRIBLE. Contractions started at 6:45 am they were about 15 minutes apart for about 2 hours, then they were 3 minutes apart. I didn't have him until 11:17 PM labor was 16 1/2 hours and I only pushed for 15 minutes but it was the worse 15 minutes ever. It hurt to push and hurt not to push so I just got him out as quick as I could. With both kids I had nubane for a pain reliever. Worked GREAT the first time and only lasted 30 minutes the second time
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My first one the pregnancy was good I had no problems at all. My second one the pregnancy was harder but the actual delivery was a lot easier. I'm on my third and last one now so we'll see how this one goes, so far it hasn't been too bad. I hear you about being tired though, there are some days where all I want to do is sleep but of course I can't.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2010