where to buy a sewing machine. where to buy good fabric too.

i need a cheap but quality sewing machine with stitch changes and different speeds. $20-$60. fabric that is made well and stretches so i can use it for making shirts, skirts, and dresses. $5-$15 per yard.

teentweenstyle

Asked by teentweenstyle at 2:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• if your a beginner you should go to Walmart and buy the Martha Stewart Basic Sewing Machine. Its about $100 but its sooooo simple and easy to use.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Jo-Ann fabrics have good fabric and they always have coupons. They sale sewing machines too. I do agree with Walmart for the sewing machine too.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Check local sewing/vacuume repair stores. They usually have a good selection of reconditioned machines at great prices.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 3:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• cool thanx!
    teentweenstyle

Comment by teentweenstyle (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I say walmart too.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 3:56 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You might want to re-post this under Hobbies and Crafts.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• try craigslist :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I got an awesome Kenmore sewing machine at Sears a couple of years ago. I LOVE it! It's great and I think I paid about $70 or $80 for it at the time (thank you clearance sells!). As far as fabric goes, I have to get all of mine at Walmart and so far I haven't had any problems out of them. I have to drive an hour or more to get to the nearest Jo-Ann's. I've gotten some REALLY pretty fabrics at Walmart for around $1.50 a yard! I think the most I've paid there, per yard, was about $3.50, but I can't remember what it was for (fleece, maybe). Happy shopping! Hope you find what you need and want!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Look of a used on ebay or craigslist.org
    xpandyourmind

Answer by xpandyourmind at 2:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• JoAnne Fabrics; Ebay; Craigslist; any hobby store; Walmart; I have a Kenmore from Sears that I absolutely love have had it for quite a few years and it works great
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:12 AM on May. 19, 2011