I've heard of muslim men becoming increasingly religious after marriage i was just wondering why this is.

i'm w/a muslim man & he asked me the other day that after we are married do i mind if he starts doing the 5 prayers & reading the quoran more/islamic literature & overall a lil more commited to islam. i was just curious if this is common & why? thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know - but I think it is normal for all people to vary the intensity of their faith throughout their life. It is very important for Muslims to raise their children as muslim, and one of the best ways to do this is observe the religion closely at home. You may want to have a serious discussion with him, as I assume you are not Muslim, and I have seen this cause many problems later in marriages. Feel free to pm me if you would like.
    b_cheerful

Answer by b_cheerful at 9:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think its like when some women become mothers, they become more religious too. I can speak for myself, I always had a religion, and loved God, but never really practiced my religion. After my daughter was born, it gave me a reason to start to turn my life more towards God's teachings. I guess you feel that you have more to live for and and more to be thankful to God for. I cant speak for your husband but maybe ask him why he feels that practicing his religion more now is something that he wants to do...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Marriages can bring changes to people, but why wait until one is married to commit themselves to their religion
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2008