What did Obama mean by "fundamentally Transform" America?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 2:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say it means just what he is trying to do. Goodness, Carpy we need enough room to write a book trying to answer this question. Let's start we the fact that he stated "the Constitution is a flawed document and needs to be fixed" now we see his Administration doing what they think they can do to bypass the USSC rulings on Unconstitutional policy.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• So true, Goodwitch, but I highly doubt that many supporters will have a clue as to what he meant, therefore won't even answer the question.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It was how people interpreted it. Pretty good tactic I must say. Doublespeak if you will. People thought "fundamentally change" and then they probably thought it would be sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. People heard what they wanted to hear. There are two sides to every coin. I threw a lot of cliche phrases in there, didn't I?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• When he said "fundamentally transform", I didn't hear what I wanted to hear. That phrase scared the living daylights out of me. I don't like being scared. I think he meant that he was going to his best to uproot us from the one thing that we Americans hold most dear -- our freedom. I know that many will disagree with me, will say that I'm bashing him or speaking ill of him, but that's what I heard in those words.

And I think he's doing his level best to live up to what he said. He is doing everything he can to fundamentally transform America. And I truly despise what he and all who work with him are doing to my beloved country.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• fundamentally transform= turn us into a different country. I wonder which one he's got in mind.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Fundamentally change was a "cute" way of saying going against everything this country has stood for and turning us into a socialist, government dependent country.

You see, because of Obama's (ahem) "non-traditional" education and childhood, he grew up believing that America and it's citizens aren't all that special, so....nothing invested, nothing lost as far as he is concerned!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• We are to go from a free republic with free enterprise to a Marxist socialist society with tight gov't control so the elitists have the power.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Obama wants to be another Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and change us into a socialist country. Spread the wealth. That is why he is doing his best to collapse the system so he can rebuild it.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• ...yet ANOTHER liberal free thread!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Change us so much we are unrecognizable.
    Anonymous