Essure...the good, bad and the ugly. What are your thoughts?

lah0027

Asked by lah0027 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Health

• Never used it. But here's a Bump!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Here's another BUMP~~~
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I had to use it when I was pregnant to help me gain weight. I was drinking 4 a day and eating full meals with it. Never used it as a meal replacement to lose weight though.
    I think the strawberry is better than the others and it is better slightly chilled than at room temp or straight out of the fridge.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I've been reading about it. I guess the only bad I see is that it's permanent. I am not comfortable doing something permanent to my body even though I know I'm done having children.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I had it done almost 4 yrs ago and love it! I had no problems, it was done in the doctors office and I was back at work the next day.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Oh it is BC not the protein drink. I am so sorry I most have sounded like an idiot.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think it's rediculous. Seriously, twisting a metal spring into your fallopian tube?! Putting a foreign object (2 of them) into your body like that?! Yeah, totally not for me. It's so new, how do they know it's really going to work/last, and how do they know it's not going to cause some serious problems 10, 20, 30 or more years down the road?! There are better options.
    Anonymous

• I'm thinking about doing it, once it's been on the market awhile. It's still pretty new, so I want to see how things go over the years before I do something like that.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• IMO, ANY form of self sterilization is insane. Why would you do this to yourself?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 7:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2010