Engagment question???

Me and my SO have been together for 4 years and engaged for 3 well we have set numerous dates and something keeps happening we fight and we break it off or it been money a few times and couldnt afford what we want... just silly things and i have realized that we were just not ready.... Well things have been really good and we seem to be at that point.... But we havent discussed it in along time, anyway I have decided that if things keep going til around the first of the year... I want to do something really nice and romantic and buy him his ring and just ask him and tell him im ready and I REALLY want to marry him, So my ? is do you think this is stupid.... would you do something like this??? what do you think???

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• It kind of sounds like you shouldn't be getting married...if you fight so much and such. Good luck, though. I had a friend that proposed to her boyfriend of 6 years. They got married and then divorced less than a year later. He felt totally pressured into it.
    Anonymous

• Iv been married and divorced I know what feels right and wrong...... I just wanted to know if my idea was stupid....
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• lol the idea is really sweet.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Its a sweet idea, but is it going to be like an engagement ring or a wedding band? He might feel funny wearing an engagement type ring.
    If you're really ready, buy tickets to Vegas for his Christmas present. ;)
    Anonymous

• I like the idea too. I especially like that you are not rushing, but giving it a time factor. If things are going good like you say, maybe it was good that you both waited and maybe you ARE ready now.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 9:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• No im just going to buy his wedding band and I dont expect him to wear it till we are married.... I thought of the Vegas tickets too but I am having a baby in Janurary and I wanted to wait at least a few months after baby thats Y I was just gonna buy the band for him.... And plus this is his first marriage and its really important to him to have a wedding with all his family there...
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You know your man better than any one here...and if you feel good about it then I think it is a wonderful idea.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• umm...I think I'd sign up with e-harmony.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008