Work outs at home?

Hi everyone! I am looking for some info about working out at home. I can't afford a gym membership or daycare so that I can go. I do have a ball and some hand weights (stuffed in the back of the closet)
Anyway have any of you successfully lost weight working out at home with any of the many workout systems they have on DVD? What are your favorites?

Thanks,

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 3:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I think any work out will work if you are seriously devoted to it. No slacking off the key is to keep busy no plopping around and if you do just do it for alittle while GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• GET A WII GAME SYSTEM AND GET THE WII FITNESS GAME OR JUST DANCE. PLAYING THE WII WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO PLAY ALL DAY BECAUSE IT'S FUN, YOU WON'T EVEN THINK YOU'RE WORKING OUT BUT YOU ARE. WHILE WORKING OUT, WEAR SOME CURVES GEAR. AVON SELLS IT, THEY HAVE SHOES TO TONE YOUR LEGS, WAIST TRIMMERS AND MORE.
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I LOVE Jillian Michaels DVDs! I also have been running, which requires not much more than a good pair of shoes, and then bicycling. Billy Blanks DVDs are good, too. The Carmen Electra Strip Tease DVDs are fun, but you won't break a sweat, really.

I go to the gym 2 -3 days a week in addition to my Jillian Michaels/running/cycling, and I've lost almost 40 lbs so far. I'm also eating clean, which has made a HUGE difference.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Wii Fit is great! Also Jillian Michaels Dvds!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I workout at home and i have weights and the thight toner and the shake weight.i love billy blanks dvds and looking to try the zumba. There are some walking dvds that you can try to.ive been working out for two years and got some weight off me and tone down the thights and shrunk the back rolls from three to one.let this year be a new you!
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 5:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i use "the Firm". comes with steps that really give a good overall workout.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'm a firm believer in Denise Austin she varies her workouts so you dont get bored and you should follow up with healthy eating.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Wii is expensive and no money for membership means no money for a wii fit.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Zumba, Wii Fit, Walk Away the Pounds, Jillian Michaels work out DVDs
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Zumba, Walk away the lbs, Jillian Michaels is AWESOME.

If you have comcast and have on demand they have a bunch of workouts on there for FREE
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2011