What should I budget for, to prepare for baby no. 2 ?

I have a 11mo old. I have all the basic (expensive stuff- car seat, swing, crib, play pen, single stroller, baby carrier, bounce seat, some boy clothes)

Obviously formula, diapers, wipes

But what are some of the things in between that don't 'pass down' well from child to child?
clothes? bottles? pacifiers?
**** no bashing PLEASE (my hormones can't handle it)

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yup diapers and wipes are the ones you will want to budget for and if you are bottle feeding then yup formula too. how about the medical bill? if ya have medicaid not much worry there, but if ya have some sort of health insurance you may need to save some money to have for what health insurance doesnt cover....
    um bottles and pacifiers; i would say the nipple on both may wear after being used by your first child so i would get new ones of those same for teething toys/rings need to be replaced..... oooh how about your crib? will your first child be using the crib turned into a toddler bed? otherwise you will be needing to save up some money to buy a big kid bed... if you will be having the same sex of baby as your first child then it will save alot to be able to hand down alot of your first childs stuff. congrats!
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 4:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• **** no bashing PLEASE (my hormones can't handle it) - Hahahha, hugs and cuddle:) Of course no bashing:)
    Well, don't share the nappies:P Bottle, pacifier, nappy. I don't think there is anything else they couldn't share. But if one girl and one boy than you can buy some different clothes or things. But it is up to you. Congratulation:D New baby always rocks:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• even if you have the same SEX baby what about the season? I always had to get new blankeys because my kids were blankey kids and did NOT share!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• IM NOT SURE WHAT TO TELL YOU SO I BUMPED THE QUESTION
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Another car seat and then boosters for both of them. They are close in age, so they will both be in carseats and boosters at the same time. Your 11 month old will need a convertible car-seat, for a larger weight limit, unless he or she already has one, and then I guess you'll probably pass down the removable infant car-seat to new baby. But, before long it might be that baby needs a bigger convertible carseat and older sibling is still in hers/his. I may be biased, but I think the Ergo carrier will be a better investment than a double stroller right now. Probably cheaper and you can carry baby close and get stuff done, while older sibling can have the stroller. Plus, you or dh can put 11-month-old in it now. I was shown it by a friend and have since recommended it and lent mine out to other friends. Not a single disappointment. Put it on my friend at New Years Eve and her fussy baby went right to sleep!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2011