Anything I can do instead of abdominoplasty?

When I was pregnant my muscles stretched apart from each other and since I gave birth they haven't grew back together. Everyone tells me the only way I can get them back together and get rid of the excess skin is abdominoplasty. Where they cut you open sew the muscles back together and remove the excess skin. I plan on doing it eventually but I want another child in the next couple of years and don't want to do it and then screw anything up. I'm 22 and would love to look the way I did before my son who is 15 months old. I've tried working out and even tried a personal trainer. The surgery takes about 2 weeks recovery and costs quite a bit. I'm a SAHM for now and can't exactly afford the cost or time. Is there anything I can do instead of the surgery? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I would wait until you are done having babies and get the surgery done. That's what I'm doin :)
    wjkmama

Answer by wjkmama at 9:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I wish I knew! I'd be right there with you! I figure when i'm done having kids I'm going to get the lift and tuck my body deserves!
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 9:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'd say get a nice corset or tummy flattener until you can get the surgery.

if your muscles aren't attached like they should be I'd say no crunches or ab work outs as that could separate the muscles more.

nothing you can do about lose skin...
    Anonymous

• talk to a doctor
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 5:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I love my Power Panties from Spanx! www.spanx.com >>>available at fine dept. stores (I got two pair - one in black and one in nude :)
    marissa619

Answer by marissa619 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008