unsure? adult content

After ovulation my cervical position never dropped down (low, hard, and closed) instead it stayed soft and became higher up, softer, and closed tightly. I know that is a sign of pregnancy, but am unsure when I can take a test. My period is due on the 5th of january. Anyone know the earliest you can test when you have noticed cervical position change that indicates pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My cervix did the exact same thing this month and I am pregnant.

Most women will be able to get a positive by 17 DPO and as early as 9 DPO.

There is a test out there that says it can detect pregnancy as early as 6 days before your missed period. The problem is that HCG levels differ with every pregnancy so it is likely to get a false negative if you take one early.

I took a pregnancy test at 12, 14, 15 (the day I was supposed to get my period), and 17 days pregnant. ALL WERE NEGATIVE!

I took one today and FINALLY got a positive at 21 DPO. I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant.

My point is that just because your cervix is high doesn't mean that you will get a BFP any earlier than normal.

Best bet is to wait until you miss your period and then test. If you get a negative KEEP testing...trust me!
    Anonymous

• GOOD LUCK TRY DOING WHAT ANONYMOUS TOLD YOU TO DO AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011