How early in a singleton pregnancy do Braxton hicks start?

This is my second pregnancy but the first with just one baby. My first pregnancy was with triplets. How early do Braxton Hicks start when your only carrying one? My husband is deployed and so its just the kids and I. Ive been having a least 4 contractions a day that i blame on stress but this is the right time for when your carrying multiples but ive been told by a couple people its too early for just one. Its important that i know because of the last operation i had was done in a T cut so im not aloud by the docs to go into labor. Thanks ladies!~

mom_to_triplets

Asked by mom_to_triplets at 9:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I started at about 15 weeks. I would have up to 20 an hour if I was tense but I never went into preterm labor. As a matter of fact he was 8 days overdue!
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I never had Braxton Hicks at all. Just went into labor. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I started at about 15-16 weeks with #2 and 13 weeks with #3. My doc said that was normal. you can register that you are having them sooner because you know what to look for in subsequent pregnancies. Only worry if you have more than 4 an hour and changing position, relaxing, and drinking water does not help
    Anonymous

• I am an RN... U can start having them at all diff times... usually it is around 25 weeks with a single baby... but it depends on alot of things... if u wanna talk more about it u can message me and i would be glad to help you! Ill need to know some things and I dont know if u wanna talk about it where everyone can read... but just message me and ill try to help u.....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 9:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008