Should low income families be limited on how many children they can have or keep?

I just finished reading a question which said that if you can't afford a car big enough for your family you should stop having children. In the past I've read things like if you can't afford preschool, utilities, rent, a new car seat, formula - you name it - you shouldn't have children. But lets face it, babies happen and there is no reason couples shouldn't have sex simply because they are low income. I myself have had 3 children, ALL while using multiple forms of BC, not because of carelessness, just chance. But, we are low income. We have trouble making the rent - EVERY MONTH - we can't afford NEW anything, or a bigger or second car. We have to choose between utilities and food. We are on WIC... And we work our assess off... So should we have to give up our children just because we don't have cash? I'm sorry, but I don't think so! There are more important things out there than money!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think you should have to give up your children but I think you should start living more responsibily and use BC correctly and not have anymore children that you cannot support. That doesn't mean I think you love your children any less, but for the future, I think you should wait until you're more stable.
    Anonymous

• When you're stupid enough to put you kids at risk then NOI you should have kids until you can wise up and realize you are braking the law cramming 7 kids in a 5 passenger car. People like that shouldnt even have kids if they cant be smart enough to keep them safe
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• shouldn't*
    mommy_of_two388

• I am diametrically opposed to ANY restrictions on procreation. This is eugenics, plain and simple and the the government has no authority in that area. Does this mean that every decision will be right and responsible, no. But the government isn't our nanny (much to their chagrin).
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 4:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• If you're supporting all your kids, while low income, without using any form of public assistance then GOOD! Have as many as you please.

And I call bullpoop on using multiple birthcontrols at the same time and "accidently" getting pregnant 3 times. Either you're lying about using the birth control, didn't use it consistently, or you didn't use it correctly.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 4:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Let me guess. You're the anon that thinks its ok to shove 9 people in a 5 passenger car.
    I'm with superchicken. have all the kids you want...on your dime,not ours.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• careful butterflyblue she's going to report you since she doesnt like your answer. She reported me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Not my body, not my choice, but I do feel like having children that you can not independently (or barely) support is very selfish. Further, BC used with each and every act and as explicitly directed, rarely fails. If each of your children is a result of a BC failure, you need additional information and education in this department or start playing Lotto.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• If you can't afford a car to fit everyone, then take the bus.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Not all "low income" families are on P.A.... and what would you consider low income? This is an incredibly insulting question...
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 4:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2010