Do you think you have a purpose to being on this earth?

I hardly get out of the just for fun section as usually life is so personal offline for me. Cafemom is usually a break for me. I was thinking "What is my purpose on earth?" I know the Creator put me here. But what for? And once I have fulfilled my purpose will I leave this earth? What can I do to make this time as nice for myself and for those around me? Sometimes I am a miserable wretch but sometimes I am a pretty decent human being. I just wondered what others thought of this subject. I know the bible verse regarding being put here for God`s pleasure. I also know that I could have died many times but did not. so there is something more besides dumb luck for me. :)

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like questions like this. It is good for self reflection and honesty not to mention fun.
    I know one of my goals is to help others learn to laugh at themselves more. I feel I educate as many as I can on my path and I like to learn as much as I can about others beliefs as well. Part of what is very important is true fellowship, where one learns from people not like themselves. Life is all about love, friendship,finding beauty in everything. Through our own trials we learn compassion and empathy which we use to help our fellow human being. All of that in a nutshell is my goal in life.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I feel that what I believe my purpose is can be summed up with : to love and grow... :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• well, not to sound conceited, but i think i've touched (literally, too!) many lives and helped mold their expectations of themselves, helped them realized they do have worth, and i've been that warm blanket or glass of brandy someone needed, just at the right time. i know there are countless people who would testify to something i've done or said that changed their lives. see, i'm a talker..in one-on-one situations. i never thought i'd 'do hair' for over 23yrs..it seemed to menial, so routine, so..boring at times..but what i realized toward the end of my career (and i had no idea it was ending!) was that i hadn't just done hair, i'd done people! while cutting/coloring/waxing/etc, my mouth never stopped, and i'm grateful for the chance to counsel others, or just listen when they needed it.
    you know you tell your hairdresser everything..sometimes, you get something in return for your soul-bearing. :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Dullscissors you couldn't be MORE right. I pour my heart out to my hairdresser and she passes on her words of wisdom and comfort to me. Going to the salon is very therapeutic for my physical AND emotional well being.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I asked my cat: she told: definitely, your purpose on the Earth to feed and stroke me. And Tomi' (my SO's) to play with me:P So I am sure there is something to be here:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Autum07 I also wonder that same thing and eighter I have the answer right infront of me many times and don't react or maybe I already reacted to some of what I was put her to to do and maybe I still am not done yet because I to should have been dead over 2 times. I feel frustrated about not knowing exactly why I am here on this earth.
    Nancygray2

Answer by Nancygray2 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• We all stumble sometime but then by the Grace of God we get back up, dust ourselves off and move on..hopefully learning from the experience. From a spiritual standpoint, you can look at your past and the things that interest you now and you might get some insight as to your purpose. You can also ask God to reaveal it to you. You can also take courses to discover your spiritual gifts and the areas you'd be most effective in ministry. I'd also suggest the book Purpose Driven Life. Basically, we are here to have a relationship with God and to spread the Gospel. How we do that is a personal journey for each one of us. Thanks for joining us today! Have a Happy New Year and good luck on your journey!!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 4:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yep, I know that I'm here for a purpose. I've known that I was called into the Ministry since I was twelve and every so often God reveals more of His plan for me to me. I now know that I am to be Ordained to Teach, Prophesy, and Dance for God in the Healing and Deliverance Ministries. I beileve that everyone has a job to do whether they know or realize it or not. Just ask God and keep your eyes and ears open. He'll guide you.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I believe I do know what my purpose is and at this time I'm working on, with God's grace :) developing those areas. I've seen what I'm supposed to do, but like everything, it's a process.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• To have a jolly good time whatever happens, because before you know it it'll be over. (Doesn't exclude being sad or serious at times)
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2010