Needing advice PLEASE

The DR's office is closed and I am going crazy not knowing. I am 5 weeks and 4 days today. At 5 weeks 1 day I went to the DR because I was spotting brown blood he did a U/S and I saw the sac I measured at 5 w 1 d which was right on. I stupidly asked for my beta hcg to be tested and my results were 145 at 5 weeks 1 day and 197 2 days later. I had no symptoms of pregnancy except sore boobs. The DR said I am going to miscarry and just to go home and wait for it to happen. I woke up this morning puking my brains out and my boobs are killing me. Does this mean my HCG levels could have gone up? I am not holding out hope but my husband sure is. What should I think? I am so confused. Oh I am still spotting brown off and on. Any advice would be great.... or similar stories.

Eliselynn

Asked by Eliselynn at 4:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry most doctors are stupid when it comes to the HCG levels. I was having killer cramps right after I found out I was pregnant, which was about 5 weeks along. The doctor said my levels were extremely low and I will more then likely miscarry. Well my daughter is alive and healthy today so I never miscarried. Plus I never had a single sign of pregnancy besides a missed period and being tired all the time. If I were you I would get another doctor.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I miscarried in March at about 5 weeks. I didn't spot it was full blown bright red bleeding (TMI sorry). But your levels should double every two to three days and yours did not. I'm not a doctor but I would go back in Monday and see what your levels are if you are still unsure. Good Luck!!!
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• if youre puking and sore boobs, youre not misacarrying. i could be mistaken, but that is morning sickness. with my first child i had my period the first 2 months, so bleeding can mean nothing. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Spotting is not uncommon in healthy pregnancy's. When I was pregnant with my first, at 7 weeks I started spotting brown, not much but it was continuous. I called the dr. had and US and saw the babies heart beat. My spotting stopped shortly after. A week later I started spotting red, and other than calling my mom, I ignored it. A week later I started bleeding. I went to the ER, the dr. took a test that if found positive could be the cause of my bleeding, gave me a prescription for the infection just in case and sent me home. I never did spot again but the whole ordeal was scary. I did have two pregnancy symptom being tired and not wanting to eat. I had my levels checked but I can't remember what they were. My little guy is health and 5 years old now.

Good luck, I hope all goes well.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Could be having "Morning sickness" or you could be vomiting bc youre miscarrying and soon cramps and blood will follow. I have had multiple miscarriages and some I have throw up with and feel like I have a bad flu prior to the pain, some I have not and have not even had pain with. BROWN is OLD blood and most new pregnancies will "clean out" our uterus and such so all the old menstrual blood or stuff that was coming and now can't or anything in there that shouldn't be your body will attempt to expect it for the fresh pregnancy. Not 100% certain but that I can think of I don't know ANYONE that did not spot/bleed brown with at least 1 of their pregnancies. Not due to HCG levels, they never even let me hear my daughter's heart beat after the first time. They said I would get too attached and she was either going to be a miscarriage or too early to survive preterm. She was 2w2d late and healthy! Ur DH may have the right idea, HOPE
    aSoldierSWifE44

Answer by aSoldierSWifE44 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• omg good luck!! I hope you are doing ok
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• If you can I would say to stay off your feet as much as possible until you can get into the doctor Monday. When I was around 9 weeks pregnant I started to spot brown then the next day I full out bled. I went to the E.R. they did an ultrasound that showed my placenta was tearing away from my uterus and they pretty much led me to believe I was going to lose the baby. I called my O.B. the next day and they got me right in and did another ultrasound and confirmed that I had multiple tears but put me on bed rest and weekly ultrasounds for 3 months and they all healed and I am due in 6 weeks. A little bit of hope is not a bad thing. But like I said try to take it easy this weekend and go get your levels checked again or ask about another ultrasound you never know what could happen. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2010