is it just me or??

I dont know, i cant seem to use the word "Preggers" or "preggo" because i feel as though it sounds rude to say that. I dont ever call myself "Fat" "Preggers" "preggo" because i find it insulting... i would never call myself "Knocked Up"

but some ladies on here use those terms ive mentioned up top.
I tell people im "Pregnant" or "Im having a baby"

My question is, do you ever feel like saying those words up top are kinda rude or degrading yourself?

Im not trying to sound rude or anything, its your choice to use those words, but im not sure why....

And please..no rude comments, i said "not to sound rude" because my target wasnt to being rude

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont think the word preggo is rude but all the others i find to be alittle
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 9:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't like the term "knocked up" but I joke about myself as "the preggo lady" all the time. For me, it makes me feel better to know that all of the things I hate right now (weight gain, back pain, bloating, etc.) are just temporary. I guess joking about it and calling myself "preggo" makes me feel better. :)

I would never use that word for someone else though. I don't find it offensive in referring to myself, but it would feel rude if I said it to another person.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• How is prego or preggers a bad thing? It's not like anyone's calling you a fat***. They're just variations of the word "pregnant".
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i agree that knocked up is kinda rude i dont call myself that. i dont really like the sound of preggers and preggo reminds me of the tomato sauce. its up to u what u use, some people just like the sound of being expecting, withchild, having a baby, not knocked up or impregnated
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I used to say that I was pregnant or having a baby, and I got kind of annoyed with people calling my Prego, so I just started saying, "I'm not spaghetti sauce!" I think I didn't like it because it sounds too cutesy or something. I mean, this was the most serious, thought-out thing I'd ever done, the most important thing in my life!

Then again, it's just words. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2008