ok its new years eve, do i drink or not?

we have been trying for over a year and still nothing.... i just had my period from dec 17-22. since my period, we have only tried one time which was five days ago....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Honestly it depends on when you ovulate. If you have a short cycle and you've already ovulated then ABSOLUTELY NO. If you have not ovulated yet then have a drink.

You should know though that even if you have NOT ovulated yet studies have proven that just ONE glass of alcohol can damage the uterine lining in a cycle which could therefore decrease your chances of concieving and increase your chances of miscarrying.

If you have already ovulated then you should NOT drink because the first 8 weeks of pregnancy are THE MOST IMPORTANT time for development. Just ONE teratogen (such as alcohol) can do tramendous damage to a developing embryo or fetus.

That's not to say that some people will drink and their won't turn turn out fine because that does happen. Some people do cocain for whole first trimester and their baby comes out fine but the point is you have NO WAY of knowing whether or not YOUR baby will be affected.
    Anonymous

• A glass or two of wine is probably ok but nothing more. If you really think there is a good shot you are though I would not chance it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I agree with Alanaplus. Just dont over do it and youll be fine. I didnt find out that I was pregnant until 6 weeks and I drank the whole time. DD is fine and most women dont find out till later anyway. Not condoning it but thats how it usually is. If you are worried that much then do as Alanplus said and take it easy
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• the answer is always no, if you have any reason to ask
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I prob wouldn't!! Be careful and if you don't you'll have nothing to worry about!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• The answer is absolutely no. Why take the chance of making a fatal mistake.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• or just dont drink at all
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• And when I say I drank the whole time I meant the six weeks that I didnt know. Not the entire pregnancy!!! lol Just had to clear that up haha
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2010