My 7 yr old is very currious and asking questions and she wants to know

Age appropriate resources and answers for

how dod babys gett here?

How did God make hisself?

and the like

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• for sex questions look into these books:
    How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & How to Listen So Kids Will Talk. by Faber, Adele and Elaine Mazlish
    When Benjamin Wants To Know: Family Conversations about the "Facts of Life." by Caine, Dona
    It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families. by Harris, Robie H

For religious quesitons I would consider meeting with a priest, pastor, reverand, or other member of clergy or religious leader depending on your own religious beliefs and practices!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 5:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• There are many great books at the library to read together. The librarian can help you. Until then, answer his questions simply when he asks you.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• the library is a great resource. i did this with my little cousin when he was about 7 and it was in words they understood. it was great. just ask the librian and they will guide you to that section. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Agree with the other posters. The library is going to be your best resource.
    aubrianasangel

Answer by aubrianasangel at 2:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• it's good that he's wanting to learn...the library is the best source of information that you and sit and talk with him.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i agree with everyone on this. but what i have told my kids about how babies get here was that their daddy gave me a special seed and that is how they got in my tummy. they are 7 and 6 when they get older if they want to know i will add to it
    rainfey

Answer by rainfey at 9:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011