10wk old..diluted prune juice?

My daughter seems to be constipated or just having trouble getting rid of her stool. It seems to be painful. Does anyone have suggestions? I use gripe water as well as tummy's with her. Has anyone every given their infant diluted prune juice? I've heard that helps

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did it for my dd when she was around that age. The biggest prob is getting them to drink it lol. But it def helped
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Suppositories(sp? lol) work too. They are a bitch getting them in but def help too! GL
    Steph319

• Breastfed babies can go more than a week between bowel movements

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My DS is having the same problem. He is 3 mths old. His Dr said that I can give 1oz juice diluted with 1oz water daily. If its baby juice found in the baby aisle then I don't have to dilute it. She suggested pear,grape, apple, or prune. My DS likes all of them. It something different for him to drink:) and it has helped him alot though his poo comes out smelling like juice:)
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2011