would you stay in arelationship you werent happy in for the sake of your child?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Depends -- I would make sure I had tried in every way possible. But if I had... no I wouldn't stay. I don't want my kids learning from me that they should stay in a miserable marriage. I think about when they grow up, if they are unhappy I would want them to GET OUT. Life is too short! All I want is for my kids to be happy, and the best thing I can do is set the example for them on how to obtain that.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yes...I've been doing just that for the past 14 years.
    Anonymous

• NEVER!! I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY CHILDREN IN TWO HAPPY HOMES THAN IN ONE UNHAPPY HOME. IT'S JUST MY OPINION. BUT CHILDREN KNOW WHEN SOMETHING IS WRONG AND THAT KIND OF ENVIROMENT ISN'T GOOD FOR THEM. DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT FOR YOU AND FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILD.
    MyLoves041419

Answer by MyLoves041419 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• no because it will hurt ur child in the long run... specially if u all argue and fight alot.. and u diserve to be happy so that u can take care of ur child the best way possible u cant do that if u arent happy in life casue ur child will know
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 9:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• NO, I would work on my marriage for my kids sake, but my parents stayed married for the kids and it just made everyone miserable. My siblings and I were actually happy by the time they got divorced.
    Anonymous

• No. It is not good for the children if the parents are unhappy.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 9:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• No, and I didn't. We tried as hard as we could to stay together, but it was better in the end for us to be apart. My kids are well adjusted and happy. So am I and so is my ex. My mom and dad were unhappily married for years and I always resented them for it. I vowed to never do that to my kids.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• anon 843p here....My kids (late teens) are well rounded, happy and wonderful kids. My husband and I get along wonderfully and are affectionate and kind to eachother. We show our children what love and respect and live in a very happy home. Do I love my husband....absolutely..he's a wonderful man. Am I madly in love with him....no. I haven't done anything about my situation because the grass isn't always greener on the other side. My children are my 1st priority in life and I am second. Just wanted to clarify.
    Anonymous

• NO WAY!!!
    lambchop1976

Answer by lambchop1976 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think that the best thing for everyone is for the parents to get counseling so that they can learn to communicate that unhappiness and work on it. For the sake of the children, the parents should do everything possible to make it work. Sometimes you have to sacrifice your own temporal needs or desires for the sake of others.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2008