Do your kids want to stay up to ring in the new year?

My kids have always liked parties. And one year they overheard me making plans for a small New Years party and were determined to try and stay up for not only the party but the ball dropping in Times Square which of course can be watched on television. It was really cute because they really tried very hard to stay up because they thought they were missing out on a really big deal. Anyway, they fell asleep hours before midnight though.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Holidays

• Lol, I like your question:) Yes, they definitely would. But they got used to the beddy time at 7... So no chance for them to make it. Cutie pies:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Wants to, but this 10 year old need a lot of sleep, and when she gets sleepy, she's asking to go to bed, often before her regular bedtime of 9pm, so I'm thinking she's not going to make it. I might not either!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• No, but I can't ring in the new year with out her. So we wake her up shower her with kisses and put her back in bed!
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Mine is 17 and is going to a party with her friends (parental supervision will be provided - this was a must for me to allow her to go). Hubby and I will just go out to eat and probably watch the ball drop from home, then pick her up shortly after midnight. Maybe we'll take a nap before then? lol
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• yes my 3 think they are but usually by 1145 two are asleep and one is awake with us. they are so excited for tonight! happy new year!
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Nope, they have no idea what New Year's is.....and if they did, they wouldn't be allowed because they are too young.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 5:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• we always have a small party last year we had mario kart New Years party.My kids,nephew and 1 or 2 of their BF we have fingerfood, video games and just hang out. At midnight we all have sherbet in 7 up, and toast the year.Then by 12:10 we're all in bed its nice, kids love it
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• yes and he will stay up too.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• the two older ones try and usually succeed (unless we sit down and watch a movie....lol)....we'll see if they make it tonight or not.....lol....we've ordered pizza for supper and we have "champaigne" and poppers for them
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 8:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My almost 5 year old is determined to stay up...he's very close!
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 11:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010