If a woman is pregnant and she gets her ultrasound and they say its a girl cause the 3 lines does that means it could be a boy to but his penis haven't dropped yet at that time... just curious cause i heard a couple people say that

applejacks2004

Asked by applejacks2004 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ive heard of it being hidden but not that it hasnt dropped. A good friend of mine was told she was having a boy and had the shower and all. Due date......surprise!! lol Things happen and those tests are never 100%
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• and by surprise i mean Its a girl! lol forgot to add that!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My parents thought until the 8th month that I was a boy... But probably I heard the name they wanted to give me so i turned into a girl. So anything is possible:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• a friend of mine just had an ultra sound - same thing- 3 lines means a girl- ?????
    texasjen

Answer by texasjen at 5:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i have a daughter and yes the ultrasound lady said see those 3 lines its a girl and sure enough she is a girl
    brookesmama0230

Answer by brookesmama0230 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• they tolled me that to and i was worried that its wasnt cuz the lady was bein a bitch to me so i went somewhere eles and got 4d ultrasound at meet the baby.
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 6:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• A penis doesn't "Drop". It's either there or it isn't there, there isn't any time when it suddenly appears. A child's genitalia is determined well before an Ultrasound can detect it visually. And there's always a penis there even if we can't see it on the screen. However, U/S techs can be mistaken due to the way the child is laying or just they didn't look at it right.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Depends on *when* she has the U/S.
    At a certain time the genders will look differently, prior to this, they look too close to know.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• thank u all for the advice cause i got my ultra sound when i was 4 months and now i'm 37 weeks and me and my hubby is hoping for a boy cause we have 2 girls already... but everytime they told me it was a girl it sure enough was and now they said this one is a girl too i'm in denial... lol so i keep saying i'm going to wait to have my baby then i'll know for sure like i don't alread know... lol
    applejacks2004

Comment by applejacks2004 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• NO. If fact it's MUCH more likely for the ultra sound to mistake the baby for a boy than for a girl. All babies look like little boys down there at first which is why most people who are told the sex of their baby before 16 weeks are told that it's a boy and MANY times that is incorrect.

If they said it was a girl and they saw 3 lines (which means girl) then most likely you are having a girl.
    Anonymous