Really Well you can take that advice and well................. (not dirrected to anyone here) adult content

Dumbest advice strangers off the street has given about prgnancy, motherhood and babies in general.
Not from here of course

Mine was to put my 6 month old in a tub of Ice water to cool him down when it was 101 degrees outside

mamabeard3

Asked by mamabeard3 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• i have a special needs daughter and everytime we are out we get "advice" and its stupid ppl shut up and go about ur day leave me alone :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• @steph319
    yeah when I was a waitress we had a girl there who was pregnant. She wasnt married because her husband had just died in a car accident when she was around 1 1/2 months pregnant. She didnt even get to tell him about the baby. Well she was taking someones order and the couple stated in on that crap, basically calling her a whore. She broke down crying right there. She was one of those people who would never say a mean thing so my boss came and told her to go in the back and told me to take their order, knowing I wouldnt hold my tongue. Well I, as rudely as possible, told them what happened and informed them that she just started feeling comfortable not wearing her ring. Then informed them that they should keep their views to their own damn selves. My boss made them apologize to the girl then she kicked them the hell out. UGH it made me so damn mad.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 5:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I had a woman tell me i shouldn't let my one year old ride in a cart that didn't have a cart seat protector on it because her grandchild had recently contracted hand foot and mouth disease and they had figured that was "probably where he got it from", i responded that I normally just keep him in a bubble but that it was at the dry cleaners. She didn't think that was funny. Then there was my sweet old grandma who tried to give him a shot of brandy when he was colicky. You ever wonder how they survive "helpful" friends family adn relatives?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• "Mine was to put my 6 month old in a tub of Ice water to cool him down when it was 101 degrees outside"

Wow. I don't think I could top that one.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 5:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees... that is baaaaaaaaad!!!
    Mine: if you want to look trendy, wear a clothes two or three size smaller so it makes you look thinner. Beginning of the pregnancy... OMG!!!
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Im a waitress and when I was pregnant a family came in to eat. The husband was giving me so much shit for not wearing a ring or being married at the time. His kids were there and was prob trying to "teach a lesson". It was soo effin rude and I wanted to smack him. I hate when ppl butt in. and put others down in the process
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I also remember one lady suggested me putting a part of a Qtip in my daughters butt to help relieve her condtipation
    mamabeard3

Comment by mamabeard3 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have random people tell me that if my son does not get sibling that he will be weird. The best one is when someone actually told me that my son DESERVES a sibling and I am denying him this privilege. Yeah right. I told that lady that I wish my parents would have stopped at me b/c my siblings have made my life a living hell with one stealing my identity.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I didn't have any children at the time, but I had just become engaged, and an elderly woman at the health club I was working in at the time told me that I should have at least 3 children, so WHEN one of them dies, the survivor won't be an only child!!!!! Obviously SHE had some serious issues!!

To get away from her I told her I would consider her advice. (NOT!)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The "best" advice I received was pertaining to my ds's ADHD. We were at a NYE party a few years ago, and this woman was staggering drunk. I told her my ds was recently dx with ADHD and she said that I should fill him up on chocolate a coke because that's what the meds have in them. She said that's what she did with her ds with ADHD. That poor child! And I get lots of unsolicited advice because my ds also has autism! I've also had someone offer me liquor for my youngest when he was teething. It's amazing some children live to adulthood!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011