Why is there a yield sign option?

If we are all adults on here why is there an option to be cautious upon reading? lol Are some just that sensitive and get offended easier than others? Just curious!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in About CafeMom

• yes, some people are more conservative and get offended. It takes a lot to offend me, but there are those who would prefer not to read about what is going on in private areas of the body or read about someone's sex life.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i feeel like its unneccasry. if you don't like what the post says, just click the back button.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 5:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• And for the record Im not bashing those that use the yield sign. Ive used it before in the past. Just wondering as to why it exists
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I totally agree with both of you! thanks!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I don't see the point but it was highly requested. I believe the main reasoning is that children might be present.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Some TMI posts contain graphic images and some are just generally degenerate. It's partially so people can monitor what a child in the room might be exposed to, and partially as a warning that there is something honestly disgusting inside. You can't unread or unsee something. Ideally, they DON'T put the details about the milky green discharge or what their boyfriend does during an orgasm right in the question header line, and you can't tell by reading without clicking that it's someone who needs a doctor (or a marriage counselor). The whole point of the TMI flag is to put the TMI INSIDE, not outside.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I personally appreciate it, I don't ....well I guess I just feel awkward when something is what I would consider too personal to share with strangers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Anonymous above took the words right out of my mouth. I'm sort of a private person.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2011