What kind of "cramp" is this? please answer, i need to know...

im 17 weeks pregnant....and this is what im feeling

through out the day ill feel "cramping" or pain on my lower left side, slightly in the middle...through out the day though...and not 24/7 during the day, but a few times every hour..

in the middle of the night i usually wake up crying with "cramping" just below my rib cage...

and when i lay down...i feel cramping on my right side, slightly in the middle..

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH MY BODY?!!? =[
ugh, it leaves me in tears all the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• IDK maybe the baby inside you moving...

have you called the doctor about these cramps? I'd recommend it.
    Anonymous

• i went and they said my intestine is prolly backed up with "crap" but i use the bathroom with no problem at all
    Anonymous

• I would ask a doc. However slight cramping is normal, since your uterus and abdomen are streching and growing.
    Lou-LouGrace

Answer by Lou-LouGrace at 9:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• well, just because you are having bowel movements doesn't mean there can't be a partial blockage or something.

Have they mentioned IBS?

it could also just be gas. Try some bean-o with meals

I had awful gas pains while pregnant!
    Anonymous

• oh my gas is HORRIBLE =[
    ugh i feel like sh*t all the time, i want to cry...usually i handle pain with NO problem at all..well ill be at the doctors in about 2 more weeks and i get my US in 9 days to find out the gender..im sure i can ask questions then =)
    Anonymous

• I Am an RN.... u have a very sensitive tindent that stretches alot when u are pregnant . u are to early to be having braxton hicks..... what kind of pain is it.... message me
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 10:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had really bad internal gas when I was pregnant (I freaked out my husband a time or two!), and found the only thing I could do was try to hold extremely still until it moved...or have my husband rub my belly to get things moving, lol. It may also be round ligament pain, I'm sure you'll start to hear a lot about that!

However, if you're this concerned, I'd definitely call my doctor. If their reason wasn't good enough, I'd call again and tell them why it doesn't make sense. I'm sure you'll get some more answers at your ultrasound, but if you're nervous, don't hesitate to call!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2008