jealous pets

I have a 3 year old Tom cat that I have since last year, his a great cat, so friendly, never messes and even though my daughter can be rough he just ignores her. Only problem is he gets jealous of my partner or my daughter bein near me, he trys everyting to get near me and cries untill I give him attention. latest example was my daughter sitting on my lap and he was trying to get between us, in the end he sat on my head playing with my hair.. Any body else have a similier problem?? Usually I laugh it off but because of the cold weather his in more and with me more, having trouble typing as his sitting on me..

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 5:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pets

• I think my dog is getting jealous of me being pregnant. he is starting to poop downstairs by the front door and he has peed on the couch twice. Anytime Dh and I try to have alone time, he has to get right in the middle. Also when Dh rubs my stomach, the dog tries to playingly bite at his hand. I dont really know if he is jealous or just protecting me because he senses that I have a baby in me or what, ut it is so weird.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 5:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• group hugLOL! That sounds like my lab! She is the same way. Cant give a hug w/ out her trying to squeeze in the middle of it. She's 12 now, so I guess we just got used to it. Group hugs! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Cats, like most pets, just want your attention. He sees you as a member of his own family and in a family of cats, they play together, eat together and groom each other. You belong to him, not the other way around. I love cats and have only one now. She has adopted my daughter, so she is her number one human, but I have had cats who chose me to be their one and only. I had a female tabby who lived to be 18 who would lay across any book I tried to read or crossword puzzle I tried to complete. She was effectively telling me that she wanted my attention. As long as he is not being aggressive (hissing, biting, clawing), I wouldn't worry about it. Spring will be here soon enough. >**
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• my dog who I had when I was pregnant 5 years ago ( his since died:(..) was so protective of me, he wud'nt let anyone near me or my bump, he lie with his head near my belly and it was like he'd look at me and sigh, it was cute but a pain, he'd go crazy at my X partner if he rose his voice at me like bark and run at him never did that untill I was pregnat so I think ur dog knows something.. Gud luck with the pregnancy:)
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• no hissing or scratching this cat is an angel ha ha, my own fault I smoother him with affection..
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have had several that would climb over people (anyway they could)to get to me. My childhood cat, Dusty, HATED my boyfriend. I wish I had listened to his insticts cause I made the mistake of marrying him. Anyway, Dusty would get between us every chance he got. Whe we got married if my stbx left close on the floor dusty peed on them. Whenever I was on the phone Dusty immediatly made an appearance and would cry until I got off the phone. Dusty was my boy and he knew it! Dusty had been born under my parents bed and we had been buddies since I was 12 years old. He was even at my wedding.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2010