feeling like crap

Sinus pressure, stuffy nose, upset tummy, and horrible cough (with flem). I think I might be pregnant and do not know what to take. Should I just go see the doctor?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Health

• You probably should see a doctor - have a pregnancy test to determine what is safe for you to take while you are ill. Hope you feel better soon!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'd see a Dr or take a pregnancy test
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• see your dr
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Tylenol Sinus/flu. I took it while preggo.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:08 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Avoid dairy while you are sick – it can increase the amount of mucus your body produces.
    Peppermint tea is great! Peppermint is a natural decongestant; just be sure that peppermint is the only ingredient.
    Honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) is the best cough syrup.throat soother.
    Emergen-C will help you stay hydrated and give you an energy boost; be sure to mix it with cold water. The lowest price is at Trader Joes, though it is sold just about everywhere (Target, Walgreens, etc.).
    I am a big believer in the power of foods. This healing foods pyramid from the University of Michigan is great: http://www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/index.htm

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Get some Elderberry syrup. The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.
    Most important, stay well hydrated!
    I always make miso soup when someone is sick
    Morning miso
    2 cups veg. broth
    2 cups hot water
    4 Tbsp. miso
    1 tsp. fresh ginger root, grated
    1/2 cup diced firm tofu
    3 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallion greens
    1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
    I have substituted onion for the scallions, and left out the mushrooms. I have also added some thinly sliced chinese cabbage, because I happened to have it.)

cont

• Pour the veg. broth and 1 cup of water into medium saucepan. In separate bowl, dissolve the miso in the remaining 1 cup water. Mix well and add to saucepan. Add the ginger root and mushrooms and heat until simmering (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in
    the tofu and scallions. (If adding other veg. like onion or cabbage, you'll want to simmer until they are tender before adding tofu.)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• yes its best to see a doctor
    kim239

Answer by kim239 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would see the dr however mine said that Tylenol cold was ok during first trimester, but not the Tylenol Sinus until after first trimester. I have had the non stop stuffy nose the whole time I was prego.. don't trust the home prego test all the time, I had taken 8 and they all came back negative, went to DR and sure enough not only prego, but prego with twins! I have been using something called Ocean Water for my stuffy nose and it has helped a lot.. it is a nose spray and it typically clears me right up.
    Hope this helps!
    Pregowtwinsmo

Answer by Pregowtwinsmo at 8:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I am anti-doctor for almost anything. Get a reliable preg test and start taking air-borne. It has many vitamins and minerals. It may help. If you are miserable and do not have the cash to see a doctor (I bring that up because if you were not worried financially you would have already gone) please talk to a pharmacist at your local drug store. They have to go through many years of school and are very knowledgeable. I hope you feel better. Let us know if you are going to have a lil bun in the oven!!
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011