What type of home renovations are you considering doing this year?

JenE1098

Asked by JenE1098 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• 1. Finish stripping the wall paper in our living/dinning room, bathroom, son's room, and kitchen. The only rooms downstairs with wallpaper. Then painting said rooms the colors we've chosen.

2. Insulating the playroom floor and adding seals to the windows and doors in preperation for next winter. As well as adding a heating vent in the room.

3. Stripping the wall coverings in the two upstairs bedrooms. We're nto even sure what they used, it's not even particle board or plywood. And definately not drywall. It's some sort of flimsy material for the ceiling and walls. It's starting to break apart and some are held up by office staples. Yea, not even industrial.. They used office staples. Then we're replacing that all with drywall and painting.

I'd love to add replacing all of the carpet and laminate flooring, but I won't get ahead of myself. What I listed above is already quite a feat.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• We just did the roof & sided our garage. We still want to do the tub liner. No more tile & grout! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Just some new and/or added outdoor lighting. We may expand the back-patio, I will probably repaint a few rooms, and buy more furniture.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• finish the bath room in the basement
    put tile in the master bathroom
    replace carpet in master bed room, hallways, living room (stupid dogs)!!
    paint the hallway,kitchen, master bathroom, 2kids room!
    oh and we need to paint the outside of the house but i think we will hire that out!
    we are going to put the house up for sale in march!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• We are in the middle of a bi-level addition and hope to gut the kitchen later in the year!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• just finishing the new room...we are down to just having to sand all the mud, paint, floors, and baseboards =) I'm excited.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Got a new roof just before Christmas and carpet is next.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 1:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• all
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2010