detox for too many ponytails and hair clips?

it looks like I am destroying my little girls hair after the holidays from too much brushing, pretty styling, pig tails, and so on.... any tips/tricks for breakage and stuff? She's 4 1/2 yrs

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I don't know. I use Aussie's 3 minute miracle every night on my daughter's hair, she is 3 and it keeps it healthy looking. What kind of bands do you use?
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• aussie 3 minute miracle love it on adult hair it's gotta be awesome for little girl hair ;) and try using a detangler on a regular basis when brushing her hair daily sauve makes a good one that smells like apples the kiddies love
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Just leave it down and wash it regularly. Make sure to use moisturizing children's shampoo to keep her hair healthy. Otherwise there's nothing more that you need to do. Keeping it up too often can not only damage it, but it can cause the hair to grow in the style you put it up in the most. So just leave it down, wash it regularly, and make sure to just keep it healthy. The hair will repair itself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Use a conditioning treatment on her hair like Dove
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Take the bands etc out of her hair at night so they dont cause damage.
    aubrianasangel

Answer by aubrianasangel at 2:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2011