ANTS!!!! In my kitchen....Criminy!!!!

frustrated

I don't want to use poisons in the house (bug sprays have been linked to Parkinson's and Alzheimer's) but they seem to have developed an immunity to the Borax bait that used to work so well. 

What do you use (not a bug spray) to combat ants/bugs in the house?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 6:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try sprinkling cayenne pepper anywhere ants can get in. I do this every year and if I do find them, I sprinkle some where I see them and watch where they go to get out and sprinkle a pile of it there. Works for me!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• white vinegar. i haaaaaaaaaaaate the smell but it works and is easy to mop up. you're supposed to dilute it w/ water but i take the aggressive stance of using it straight up
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• white vinegar!!! and pour some straight on the ground around where they are coming in at!! and use it on ur floors on the counters everything!!! good luck! i hate ants!! i heard bleach works too but i would use vinegar!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• sprinkle cinnamon where ever you see them

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I spray a bug spray on the outside where they are coming in from...usually around my back door and it takes care of the problem so they don't get in the house.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 1:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thanks a bunch!!
    ss_mom

Comment by ss_mom (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011