I'm so crampy!

This is my first pregnancy, I'm all alone for this so I'm not sure what to expect at all!

I had my first baby doctor appointment yesterday and the doctor said that I'm 7 weeks and she also said that I will be having and ultrasound next week because I have been spotting lightly.

I've been spotting for a few days and I know it's not a big deal as long as it's not bright red or heavy but now along with this spotting I am cramping...

The doctor's office is closed and I have no one to really talk to about this! I'm getting scared :( Is this normal? Again, I'm 7 weeks.

menko21

Asked by menko21 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sometimes the cramping is just your ligaments and muscles streching out becuz your uterus is getting bigger. the spotting is normal. sometimes women spot during the pregnancy. if any of it gets worse, id suggest going to the hospital since your dr office is closed. not to worry you, but up until your 12 weeks along theres a higher chance of miscarring.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• normal yes and no given that your spotting it could mean something is going on but on the other hand its normal to feel alittle crampy early in pregnancy because things are streching. If you are really worried call your drs office and they will have the on call dr call you back and maybe they can tell you what you should do. maybe they will want you to go to the er.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I had early cramping and spotting with all 4 pregnancies. Two I miscarried early, the others produced my two treasures. Try not to worry too much, but do keep your doc posted on everything that happens. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2010