Lemon Meringue Pie!

Brain fart!! Have not made one in forever are you suppose to put the meringue on while it is warm or get it cold first and one other question how do I keep it from sliding it off? That happends all the time!

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My grandmother used to make lemon meringue pies all the time. Funny thing is I really didn't like the lemony taste. What I remember is the lemon filling was warm.And then the meringue is whipped up and spread over the top of the lemon filling and then baked for at least ten more minutes to bake the meringue topping.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• The filling should be hot. To keep it from shrinking, you don't push it out to the crust- dollop it on and spread just the top layer. I don't know about sliding off the crust when it is cold- I'd think that that would happen if the meringue was put on a cold filling instead of a hot filling, but I don't know for sure.

Answer by Bmat at 6:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I make lemon meringue pies from scratch with lemon zest and all the goods. You put the filling inside of the pie pan, and then bake it and just let the meringue get golden. Take it out then done. Make sure and follow the directions carefully or the pie wont sit well and might be a runny mess. But it's a pretty easy ordeal. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes, you stove cook the filling then oven cook the meringue.
    Razelda

• Yeah it should be hot/warm
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• :) Looks like you got that cleared up!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010