In heat 2 times in 8 or so weeks adult content

PLEASE READ ALL AND CAREFULLY OK our most wonderful (for a street dog) little pup Sugar has been with us since last April. some lady drove by asked if my other dog was missing handed me a dog and left. she was in bad shape she was so scared she didn't leave the shelf in our master bed room and barely eat all though she was starving, she had cage rought all over her and an odd coloring that suggested a genetic disorder. but she is doing better now.
although we have a male dog of the same breed he is not fix dew to religious reasons, but he will be soon as he did not descend and is 3 now. i hate to do it but it is what is for the best. i was relieved slightly when she did not go in to heat with in the 6 month. but then about 2 months ago she did. i thought nothing of it took the normal she in one room he in another watch her out side from other dogs percussions.
it was all over in the normal few days and life here when back to normal. we even took them on a LONG car ride to see my in-laws that have 6 or the same breed all male dogs family. i watch her while we where there even not in heat (as i have no time nor desire for puppies or to lose my dog to them.) she came home and every thing was fine
my mother and sister in law pointed out some of the odd things about her that we have over looked like the way her back lags are and how she stretches ALL the time. they gave me shampoos and meds for some of her skin probs (as they both have animals with the same probs) and we went home.
we have been home for less than a week and she is in heat AGAIN. any one got any clues as to what this is could be, or if there is more than just what we have found wrong with our little Sug. oh and yes fixing is on the list of things that will be happening to her as well as it has come to our knowledge her hind end has been broken and any thoughts of a maybe for some puppies would kill her.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 6:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pets

• If she is in the condition she is in then have her fixed. Puppies should be last on your list. I also didnt know that religion carried on to pets. Never heard of that
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• First off out of curiosity what religious affiliation is against neutering/spaying a pet?

Second I'm not totally sure what the question is but it is normal for a dogs heat cycle to be every 5-6 months lasting 4-6 weeks at a time. They may not display out ward signs of being in heat for the entire heat portion of the cycle. The hormones of being in heat can really mess with a skin condition depending on what it is. Mange is a major one. Dogs prone to mange can have a flair up every time they go into heat. SO fixing her may help with her skin as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Well I don't know what dog breed you have but my pug went into heat and it lasted three or four weeks. So perhaps she was not really out of heat? I d k for sure. Call your vet.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i'm pagan and we beleave we should leave animals the way they where made. so no cropping of ears or docking of tails. and getting them fixed is a thing only done for there well being she will be fixed. i was asking if it was normal for her to go in to heat 8 weeks after she was just in heat or if this was another thing that is wrong with her we love her vary much and do all we can for for and our other 3 pets.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2010