How long before my son's eye color change??

My son was born with blue eyes (like all baby's) and is 7 weeks old and they are still blue. My eyes are green / blue but my husband's are brown - and brown is dominant so we are expecting them to change to brown.
They could remain blue, i guess if my gene's are really strong, but i doubt it!
At what week or month does this occur and is it instantanious?

MamaInky

Asked by MamaInky at 9:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter's eyes didn't turn brown until she was 8 months. the blue gradually got less bright until they were gray and the brown
    RosaMae

Answer by RosaMae at 9:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• well, hubby and I both have brown eyes, mine are light and hubby's are darker but both still brown :) and my middle son has BLUE eyes LOL I have no clue where he got them! he's 2 1/2 and they are still blue. No one on my side of the family has blue eyes, and unfortunately there aren't enough living members of hubby's family to figure out if blue was on that side...no one can remember blue eyes though.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I am an RN it can take up to 2 years for them to change... Usually change within 12 months
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my eyes are green, hubby's are brown and my oldest dd has bright blue eyes. my newest addition's eyes started to change about a month ago (6 months) and are still in the process.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Our baby's eyes turned from blue to brown by about 5 months
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Our sons eyes are just as blue as they were the day he was born. They've never changed. Hubby and I both have brown eyes but there is blue in both of our families. Your son's eyes just might stay blue too.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2008