Can anyone tell me about Oregon if you've lived there or visited?

My husband might start working in Portland this summer and if so we'll be moving there (I currently live in Florida). I hate Florida and I'm looking forward to a change. What's Oregon like? I've heard some good things..

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 6:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Travel

• Oregon is a great place. Although I have not lived there for years, we visit since we have family there. I have lived in Portland, Gresham, Salem, and other areas as well. There are opportunities for the arts, good food, sports, and lots of outdoor activity.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 9:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Portland is a wonderful city - you will be fortunate if the employment offer comes through.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Portland is a cool town. Only thing with Oregon is the gray weather. It's nice because the mountains and beach are an hour away.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I've only ever been to Portland, and I have to say it was pretty awesome.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2011