What are your opinions on Markia, from 16 and pregnant having an abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Im mad at MTV for airing it, and especially since they made it seem like a strong courageous option. They didnt make it sound horrible, and I am pro life, so it just really pissed me off. Not to mention when you were watching her make the decision she says, I know I cant give the baby up for adoption because I will fall too in love with it to do that, Im already in love with it (or something around those lines) that just made me so mad, so you cant give your child to a nice family because you love it too much, but you can kill it. Awesome.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm not even a pro-life person and it pisses me off. Hootchie needs to keep her legs closed.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I only watched one season of it and don't know who she is. I would say though, that abortion is never "courageous". It's a selfish chicken sh*t way to deal with a situation you got yourself into (as in this girl's case).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I had not heard of this sense we only have basic channels but form the sounds of it I am glad I didn't see it! It sounds awful.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You know it's disgusting when someone who doesn't have children has an abortion but it disgust me even more when someone who has felt a baby kick inside them and seen the product of a pregnancy.

To put it on TV and glamorize it as a strong choice makes me sick.
    Anonymous

• The only thing that kills me about my abortion is that my then boyfriend/now fiance was the one that really wanted to me to get the abortion told me after we had our son that he wished he wouldnt have pushed me so hard for the abortion cause he loves being a dad and he regrets it. Well thank you for telling me that 3yrs later cause that makes me feel real good. Sorry I got off subject but no one really knows that I had an abortion so it was nice to share my feelings. but back to the show, its nice that they are trying to let girls know this is an option but if they show its not that bad then they need to fix that cause its a terrible experience.
    misssababe1128

Answer by misssababe1128 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't know who she is.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I do not believe in abortion no matter who it is. Just my opinion.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 6:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• She was a girl from this season of the MTV show 16 and pregnant. 8 months after giving birth to her daughter at age 16 she got pregnant a second time and this time she chose to have an abortion. She kept her first daughter. MTV did another show on her called No Easy Decision in which MTV followed her as she made the choice to abort her baby.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Oh okay.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2010