Moms with past c-sections... split sticthing 5 weeks after birth....HELP!

I had a c-section Oct 3rd and have not had any problems with it tell now. For the past two days different parts of the scar will start to bleed, its not alot of blood just like i minor cut on you finger would bleed. so now i have four holes in my scar no bigger then the width of a candle wick. But it hurts like crazy not as bad as it did right after I got the surgery but pretty painfull, its tender to the touch and it really itches. has ony one ever had this happen 5 weeks after a csection I thought I should be all healed by now. Help me out mommas

J_L_Fshr

Asked by J_L_Fshr at 9:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you most likely have a fluid pocket behind the stitch. get an appointment with your OB right away, as it needs to be relieved so that your scar can heal. For right now, lay back (I know it's difficult to do..) and pour a lid full of peroxide on it twice a day.... you'll have to do this following your ob appointment as well; but thy need to make sure your uterus stitch is good, and there are no fluid pockets... I had this with my last c-section... took about a month to heal following the OB appointment...GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My opening was about a half of an inch; but I did not have bleeding, it was more of a water leakage; needless to say, my uterus stitch was good, but the outer stitch had a fluid pocket, which was preventing it from healing... I am worried that this is your inner stitch, and they definitely need to look at it ASAP...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Also, itch is a sign of two things: either healing, or infection; being that it is also tender to the touch, you definitely need to assume the latter... GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had those and all they did was put a bandage back on it. they said there was no problem onless they got to were you could see inside or it was bleeding horribly. mine closed back up about 2wks later but my activity was limited until then so it didnt open up more
    Anonymous

• my mom had this happen after a different type of surgery not her c-section she went to the emergency room and they fixed her up i think you need to be seen by a doctor
    Loveaddict6

Answer by Loveaddict6 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008