Are you effing kidding me??

I was at the store and some lady asked me if thats nail polish on my DDs (2.5) fingers. I said yes. She said "Dont you think youre setting her up to look like a slut a little early? Are you gonna give her mascara and lipstick when shes 6?" I said "Mind your own business" and walked away. I saw her again in the parking lot and she gave me a dirty look. I think I was right to tell her to mind her own business. Its not like I have blood red polish on my DD, It was a pearl pink that you can barely see. Is it so wrong to put a little polish on a 2.5 year old?? Correct me if Im wrong, please!

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 7:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think nail polish is adorable on kids. Some people have nothing better to do!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 6:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I see no problem with it...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it either. Reading your post actually caught me completely off guard as I cannot imagine someone making that statement about a child. I know it had to catch you totally off guard. I guess some people are just down right ignorant. Little girls love to have their finger nails painted, and why not? That is just unbelievable...
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Um no I don't think you were wrong to tell her to mind her own business. She's lucky you were so polite and didn't tell her to shut the f-up! I put nail polish on my 3 year old and she wears chapstick what does that make her? I must really be setting her up to be a skank. Good job for telling her to mind herself!
    DreaB83

Answer by DreaB83 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it. Good for you.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I paint my 2.5 daughters nails and she loves it good for you!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 7:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think little girls look adorable with a bit of pink polish on their nails to be "just like mommy". Kudos to you for being very polite telling that woman to mind her own rather than stooping to her levels & rudely telling her off.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think you were fine doing her nails and fine telling the person to mind their own business.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Wow thanks for telling her off politely.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think that was ballsy of her to say the least. It is definitely none of her business.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010