“New Life” Resolutions

“New Life” Resolutions

(thoughts?)

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 7:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not exactly sure what that is...is it something like Lent promises in the Catholic Church?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Uh no .... It's a spin on New Year's Resolutions.
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I really appreciated that link. I agree that we can get caught up in all kinds of resolutions that focus on our outside or focus on things that aren't that important & tend to neglect working on the things that build up & improve our inner person & our spirit. The funny thing is, our weak resolutions tend to fall to the wayside within a few weeks or months because the issues we are trying to fix are actually just symptoms of having neglected the more important spiritual areas of our life.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think that christians are trying to steal New Years from pagans now. You sure seem to like our stuff!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• eye rollingYeah, 'cuz Christians don't actually live through the new year nor do we aspire to better ourselves or reflect on our past.

-Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Actually, it is very similiar to Lent promises that Catholics make.... and I like it...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Oh ... I'm not Catholic and I don't understand the correlation to Lent ... but glad you like it.
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You make me laugh with your comments lately witchqueen..

I like the author's perspective. I call them my dreams and desires rather than resolutions. I am not going to post it here ... wisdom :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Resolutions often have not worked for me. The change has to be in our hearts not just our minds. We should be listening to those guided changes from the Lord on a daily basis fearfully obeying Him. Blessings sisters and my the Power of the Holy One be ever so present in your lives.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• LOL- I had no idea that New Years was Pagan- so glad someone set me straight.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 3:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2011