Best makeup? And best soaps? Lotions?

I need new makeup and was wondering what the "best" brand is? What do you recommend? Are brands like Clinique worth it? Or are there brands sold at the store that're just as good?

Also, what about face wash & lotion?

I'm pretty clueluess on both aspects so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

eab001

Asked by eab001 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The only moisturizer I use is Clinique, I read a long time ago that most facial cleanser are harsh and it is best to us a soft clean wash cloth and plain warm water to clean your face. Make up I don't do any but occasional mascarra. I LOVE Bath and Body Works for shampoo conditioner shower gels lotions and hand wash and body sprays. All in the same scents! I have not bought a bar soap in years!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 8:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have acne problems, so I have been using AlMAY foundation. It actually prevents zits.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Covergirl is great Avon is good as well clinique is good
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I use MAC, Merle Norman and some Derma Blend makeup. Lotions and soaps, I only use Aveeno.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I just started using Mary Kay and I love it. The face wash and lotion are great, the foundation is also very good.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 4:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I only use Jordan Essentials. It's botanical based with no harmful chemicals or preservatives. It's made in the USA. There is a complete mineral makeup line (no fillers), a complete facial line & body care line. Jordan Essentials does not contain: mineral oil, SLS, DEA, parabens, isopropyl alcohol.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Before buying (or selling) any skin care products, check the safety of the ingredients. I really like the Skin Deep database, maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who maintain the guide to pesticides in produce): www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

For skin care, I really like Beauty Without Cruelty (BWC), and Lush. 

Answer by rkoloms at 12:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my dermatologist recommend that i use cetaphil to wash my face and the cetaphil lotion as well. I love them both, but on my face i'll use the cetaphil to wash and st. ives collagen elastin moisturizer and the cetaphil lotion on my body.
    Eucerin is also a great moisturizer. I dont wear make up so cant comment on that. i do use revlon or almay lipstick.
    Jordansmommy777

Answer by Jordansmommy777 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I like Loreal products they are not as harsh on the eyes and skin as Maybelline.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Cover Girl
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 8:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011