How STUPID do you have to be?

to get pregnant AGAIN with in 4 months of giving a baby up for adoption? OMG my cousin who is 17 gave birth 4 months ago gave the baby up and is knocked up again! How stupid do you have to be this day on age to get knocked up not once but TWICE? Did we not get the memo as to how the first one was made? Geez. This is my family...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• teenagers are all about the here and now. they do not think of consequences. i mean most don't. its probably replacement baby feelings. she probably thinks she can replace this baby with the one she adopted out. i feel for your family. is it the same father? i wish you and your family alot of luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:16 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Sometimes the grief of losing (or giving up) a baby is too much for some women so they get pregnant again soon after. No offense but she needs a hug not judgment. (of course you might want to talk to her about bc!)

Answer by admckenzie at 8:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• wow! someone should have reminded her how fertile she would be after giving birth.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Perhaps the adoptive family of #1 are interested in a bio sibling for their baby?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Unfortunately, we have shows that glamourize teen pregnancy. We also have scientific proof that the human brain does not fully finish development until we are in our 20's, with the last part of the brain to mature being the part that controls reasoning. Whether she meant for this to happen or not, you cant unring the bell. So now she just needs love & support no matter what she does with this baby. You can shake your head in private- but give hugs in person.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm all for adoption and I think she made the right choice, but maybe since she didn't have any major repercussions (after all, she had the baby and now it's gone) it's not such a big deal to her. I don't have any advice, when I had my daughter at 16 there was no way I was having another soon after, we went to the pill and condoms (because apparently condoms were not enough).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Someone needs to buy her some birth control and teach her how to use it. And then teach her some self-respect.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 8:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• that is sad. does she know what she's going to do with this one? i do not know her or you, but i will keep her in my prayers. God will know who I'm talking about. :)
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 8:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I agree...grin and bare it!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 8:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Maybe she didn't get the memo to keep her legs shut!!! And you have to be pretty STUPID to get knocked again!!! Its actually very very very sad!!!
    momma2b2008

Answer by momma2b2008 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2010