Moms with past c-sections... split sticthing 5 weeks after birth....HELP!

I had a c-section Oct 3rd and have not had any problems with it tell now. For the past two days different parts of the scar will start to bleed, its not alot of blood just like i minor cut on you finger would bleed. so now i have four holes in my scar no bigger then the width of a candle wick. But it hurts like crazy not as bad as it did right after I got the surgery but pretty painfull, its tender to the touch and it really itches. has ony one ever had this happen 5 weeks after a csection I thought I should be all healed by now. Help me out mommas ALSO ASKED THIS QUESTION IN PREGNANCY.

J_L_Fshr

Asked by J_L_Fshr at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Health

• I am an RN... it takes some people longer to heal... Get some A&D and put it on it... u dont have to cover it but if you want get some X large band aids... try not to scratch it... i know its hard but u might break the skin more if u do
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 10:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had that happen to me with my C-Section, I was advised to keep putting neosporin etc on it and make sure it stayed clean also to try and avoid bending over as much as possible.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i had a c section and sometimes when i moved it will split a lil but not heaps only a little bit of blood came out just like a prick on the finger that was it my dr said it was because i was bending and lifting things i shouldnt do but it took my scar forever to heal mayby try doing little things and keep it covered so your pants dont rub on it also as this can make is painfull and itchy
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I had a csection. The doctor I had must have known hot to stitch because I had no open parts whatsoever. Call your doctor if you dont' feel something is right.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2008