Was I wrong to tell my stepmom what my sister really thinks of her?Is there anyway to fix what I have done? adult content

My sister,26,has been to 4 different colleges. She has yet to earn a degree. She keeped putting my dad off. He and my stepmom have paid for a majority of her school,rent,cars,car repairs,car insurance,cell phones,utilities and health insurance. My stepmom has talked her threw every terrible relationships she has ever had. I THOUGHT that she loved my stepmom,but she told me 2 days ago that she couldn't handle my dad suffering in his marriage to her. My stepmom is bi-polar and does have episodes. My dad has MS and is a workaholic. He commutes back and forth between Maryland and P.A. for work,which leaves my stepmom alone alot. They are married till death. My sister starting cutting contact with them slowly in March 2010 and stopped calling and returning my dad's calls. This was also the time our mother(who I have no contact with) got back into her life.She was supposed to be finally finished with school in December,but she wasn't giving them a straight answer. I was talking to my stepmom today and she asked me directly if I knew why my sister wasn't calling them or answering my dad's calls. Before I realized it,it popped out what my sister said. I had not planned on it,but my stepmom is completely hearbroken. My dad called my sister,who denied it all and ,when pressed confessed, to my dad that she dropped out of school..again. My dad told her he was cutting her off this month. She then e-mailed me and said I had betrayed her and that she wasn't speaking to me ever again and not to contact her. My dad took my stepmom to the ER for chest pains. I feel AWFUL and wish I could take it back. So, my questions are....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't see how you betrayed HER when she's been taking advantage of your father and step mother? I think she's just angry she got caught AND cut off! In addition to that....why is she mad that they're cutting her off since she's been cutting them off since March????
    She's 26...time to grow up little girl.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the previous poster. If she wants to cut them out of her life emontionally, she can't expect them to continuing supporting her financially.
    psgilbert

Answer by psgilbert at 9:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• your sister's a jerk, hon. Tell your so-called "sister"(cuz she ain't acting like one) to take her anger and shove it up her ass.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 9:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Your sister is an immature and spoiled little twit. You did nothing wrong
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Simply put she was taking advantage of both of them. They deserved to know. The ball is now in her court. She better own up to it soon.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I say it is about time she got her ass handed to her. How can you let someone support you morally and financially and then treat them like they are nobody to you. I don't have any respect for people like this. She needs a taste of what the real world is like and sounds to me like she is about to get what she has deserved for a while. I would worry more about nurturing the relationship with your step mom and your dad, not her. She will most likely get over this and, if she doesn't, she probably isn't worth the drama she will cause for the rest of her life anyway.

On a side note, I would care to bet that real mom was swaying her behavior because she sounds like she is very immature and therefore very impressionable.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 1, 2011