Is it weird??

That Ive never given DD, who will be 8 mths on the 7th, juice?
She takes her sippy once maybe twice a day with some water but no juice
When did you start Juice?

ErinML

Asked by ErinML at 9:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, it's GOOD. Its a lot of sugar, and unnecessary. Water is perfect for hydration with solid meals :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• No it's not weird.. moms start giving that at their own pace.. you can start any time you want.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Dr's recommend not giving juice until 6 months, but she is getting nutrients from formula/breastmilk. I started at about 7 months but I don't hink it's weird that you haven't!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• yeah to be honest I think I gave it to my my son at 6 mths, but im doing everything different this time. lol
    ErinML

Comment by ErinML (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i started at 7 months! but u can do whatever u like its not weird!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Nope my kids are 6, 4 and 3 and I never gave them juice. They do not benefit from it so I didn't want them to get used to drinking it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My 8mo old wont drink juice....he just drinks water and breastmilk...so no its not weird.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Not weird at all. I tried giving it to my oldest at 6 months because WIC said to, but she hated it and wouldn't drink it til she was 2 years old. So with the rest of my kids I waited til they were a year before giving them juice.
    Anonymous

• I don't think any of my kids even liked juice until they were closer to 1 except my older son who I know loved it because when he was 5 months old he would throw down his cup of water and crawl over to his sister's cup which he knew had juice in it and suck it dry.
    Juice in our house is and always has been a treat. We rarely have it in the house and when we do they get 1 box/6oz cup a day IF they are behaving. They also don't drink milk in the house (it's used for cereal and cooking). They drink water, end of story.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:47 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I started giving my son 100% apple juice at 5 months when he ate his breakfast and dinner.
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2011