has anyone ever giving there baby a french frie????????

ok this is killing me i asked a question about feeding and 2 mom on here are bashing me about giving my 7 almost 8 month old a french frie... i didnt go out and buy her a meal my daughter knows how to self feed and yeah she has been given a frie or 2 once and a great while......is that wrong??????????
i wanted to know how old babys are b4 they change over to mostly wanting solids instead of bottle? my daughter is a self sitter a crawler and practically walking..and not wanting to drink her bottle as much but she likes to eat

mommiediap

Asked by mommiediap at 10:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give my daughter what ever she wants shes 9m and will not eat baby food so I feed her what I eat. she will be off formula by a year old
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• oh lordy! yes all my babies ate french fries at that age! even before they had teeth sometimes.

My daughter has ONLY eaten solid foods and that started at 5 months. She refused to eat baby foods. so we did a lot of mashed potatoes, soft noodles, crush veggies with fork, etc.
    She did still have bottles but the same # as any other baby would have while on baby food...

No it's not wrong to give her a french fry. Some mothers are just very hard core in feeding their kids all healthy foods. But that shouldn't give them the right to tell you that you are wrong.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i think its totaly ok my son is 9months and he eats what i do he eats french fries/chips i give him mash ptoato sausages but smaill bits as he still has no teeth i give him bannanas anything he wonts as he dsnt like baby food but to ur question its ok to give ur baby a french frie:) hope ur daughter loves them
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• DUDE, seriously??? (AND YES, I say DUDE.) There is NO problem with giving your child a french fry or even *gasp* a chicken nugget. AS LONG AS YOU WATCH FOR CHOKING and they can chew. Jeez. You poor thing. Really the only thing you have to worry about is:
    1. Is what you are feeding somehow damaging. (Soda and teeth= bad)
    2. Is what you are feeding somehow limiting nutrition? If you fed to much fries that the infant doesn't eat food that is more nutritious.
    3. Is it developing a bad habit? Such as giving chocolate milk in a bottle. (Yes I did that.)
    4. Are you offering various choices. Offer many fruits and veggies. If you offer it they may eat it.
    Good luck. Don't feel bad.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Lol. I just happened to give my son a french fry earlier today and he's 7 months. I don't see nothing wrong with it.
    Chanelz

Answer by Chanelz at 10:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think every once in a while shouldn't be too bad. My son was a pig at that age and wanted to eat anything he saw us eat. He eventually grew out of that, but I think feeding your 8 month old a happy meal is different than one french fry.
    ConnersMom1204

Answer by ConnersMom1204 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• thanks i was just wonder some lady told me on here that i was nelgectin my child like i was a bad parent for giving my bebe a frie!
    mommiediap

Answer by mommiediap at 10:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Didn't you know? Everyone on CM is a perfect parent! When they see someone doing the things they feel like they can't admit, they attack so that they can let out their guilt for lying all the time.

Anyone who's never given their toddler a french fry is someone I don't care to spend time with.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think I know what you are referring to. The way you worded it could make it seem like you always feed your baby fries. I think that's why people were on your case.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• let 'em bash, Babys love "finger food"
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008