What are the best ways to control high blood pressure during pregnancy?

I just found out today that I'm pregnant. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow.

I have been having some on and off issues with high blood pressure. It's not high all the time or even every day but it sometimes during the day jumps up. Other times I will go 2-3 days without it being up at all. Then it might be up multiple times a day for a few days.

I have already implimented the Brewer's Pregnancy Diet (http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/) which is supposed to prevent and control high blood pressure and preeclampsia. I started walking everyday a couple of weeks ago so I'm going to continue that.

Is there anything else I can do?

I want my baby and myself to be safe. I also want to do what I can now and through out my pregnancy to avoid an induction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Drink pleanty of fluids, get excersise, watch your sodium intake, limit high fatty foods. Don't do anything else untill you talk with your doc. Anxiety also causes the blood pressure to rise, so watch that as well
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• a vitamin supplement of Calcium with Magnesium will help. Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2011